Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Drastic Life Changes of a Stay at Home Mom

I realized today just how much my life has changed since having children. It was wasn't really one of those ahhh haa moments. It was more like a "holy smokes" moment. I noticed today that I hadn't shaved my legs in nearly a month. I was lathering on the lotions and was horrified by my hairy legs. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized my eyebrows and upper lip could also use a good waxing.

I wouldn't be caught dead with hairy legs a decade ago.

I quickly get dress. The kids are getting restless. YUCK the smell of my body spray and my husband's body wash don't mix well. I didn't want to waste one of my precious ten minutes in the shower to jump out and get a new bottle of bodywash so I used my husband's. I walk into the living room with my wet hair wrapped up in a tight bun on the top of my head and I'm wearing a pair of comfy sweats.

I glance over to the kitchen table. My girls are wearing cute matching outfits and their hair is neatly combed into braids. My priority have completely changed since they came into my life and I'm okay with that.

I secretly vow to shave my legs before the hubby gets a glimpse. How did I get so lucky to experience being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment