Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Replacing TV with Nipple Cream and Basket Baths

Several weeks ago our pediatrician recommended we watch less TV. My husband and I agree we have really gotten lenient with the girls schedule and my son watches way more TV than the girls did at his age. I stay home with the kids so I decided to cut back a little at a time. They were watching almost 4 hours of TV before nap time and the TV was on from the time they woke up from their naps until bed time. I know it really does sound like a lot.

So..... how are things going. I was really motivated the first day. We woke up got dressed ate breakfast, played games and made art projects. That took up most of the morning. The girls decided to entertain themselves while I was making lunch. They usually watch Sesame Street. Instead, they washed each others hair with a tube of lanolin cream!! and the baby figured out how to squeeze through the baby gate.

 I had to chase my son and put him back in the living room probably 50 times before I figured out a way to barricade the gate so he couldn't get out.

We watched a little TV after nap time than it was time for dinner. Did I risk another another debacle with nipple cream or  turn on the boob tube? I turned the TV off!

I kept poking my head out to see what the girls were up to. They weren't  fighting and that can be dangerous. They were pretending to give each other a bath in the wicker basket I keep in the den. Suddenly Sofia appeared with an ice cream bucket full of water. Where, How, I have no idea but apparently it was not the first bucket full of water.

She had managed to give Abby a bath in the den. I had to mop up water from the bathroom to the den, change their clothes, serve dinner and OH YES take care of the baby. Geez and I wonder why we started watching so much TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment