Monday, December 10, 2012

What is the Price of Change



I decided to take this past weekend off from creating webpages on Squidoo.

 I am very pleased at my recent progress. I am now seeing steady sales and I’ve managed to get a few lenses in tier 2. 

I returned to find that Squidoo has a new layout and many of my lenses in shambles. The Soldier in me was saying “suck it up and drive on, adapt and overcome” but as a stay at home I wanted to put my head in my hands and cry. 

I wanted to cry for all of the hours I worked on lenses instead of playing with my children, for the household chores that were neglected and for the conversations I asked my husband to save for another time while I worked on building my profile. 

Many lensmasters are angry, stressed and tired from the change. Some are rejoicing and anticipate an increase in sales and traffic. Many lensmasters have stressed to keep things in perspective.

I fall somewhere in the middle. I sat and stared at the computer screen for what seemed like hours not knowing where to begin. I have invested too much time to simply throw in the towel.
Today is a new day. I will start from the top and work my way through each lens. I am still making sales! I will continue to make progress! I will continue to learn!  

The only thing that does not change is that change is inevitable and sometimes very hard to digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment