Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I made a friend on Craigslists

I responded to a women's ad on Craigslist several months ago. She was looking for little girl shoes for her daughter and I happened to have several pair I was getting ready to list. We made contact and she came over to look at them. Then she asked the questions...... "Did you use fertility drugs to concieve your twins"? It's a tough question for me, not because I'm embarrassed or ashamed simply because it is so personal. I answered her honestly and told her that we had undergone IVF to cincieve our daughters but they were in fact natural twins because they were identical. One egg had split. She explained that her and her husband had also concieved through IVF at the same fertility clinic we had gone to. We had the same doctor! It's amazing how one word connected us "infertility" We were instant friends. We understood each others pain, desperation and joy. We were two women who's paths had crossed by chance on this very day. We are both about to undergo fertility treaments again. I am so greatful to have a friend who completely understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment