Friday, November 16, 2012

How To Organize Without Spending Money

I was reading a few blogs the other day about organizing and decorating your home. I am obsessed with trying to get the kids stuff organized. They are always outgrowing or destroying something. I have to admit I was a bit envious of all of the pretty bins, baskets and caddies I was seeing all over these blogs. I really don't have the money to spend on those things.

Here is how I curbed my craving for neatness without spending any money.





 We recently moved the girl's plates to the bottom cupboard because they insist on picking out their own plates for meals. They don't stack nice and neat and the whole thing was a mess really!
 I had this metal rack with a draw in the pantry. I was using it for baby food but  I thought hmmmmm I wonder if the kid's plate will fit in there.

 I am so pleased at the results. The plates are neat, organized and the girls can still reach them.
I also put an old Fisher Price baby food jar lazy susan to good use. Most baby food comes in those neat little containers now so I had this in the garage sale pile. The small spices fit perfectly. The larger ones don't fit quite right but it is so much better than the way it looked before.







No comments:

Post a Comment