Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

I woke up ready to conquer the day. I had piles of laundry to do, papers that needed to be filed and well the bathrooms really could use a good scrubbing. I went to work on the laundry. I could here the girls fighting in the other room. They were bored and at each others throats. The baby was fussing and needed my attention.

I couldn't help but think about my mother. Her house was always spotless. She prided herself on always having a clean house. I have learned so much from her about being a mom and housewife but I couldn't help but wonder.... Is Cleanliness next to Godliness?

I don't have memories of playing with my mom or sitting down on the couch and watching a movie. I have memories of her always in the kitchen and scrubbing floors. She was ALWAYS cleaning. I admire her organization and her discipline to keep a clean house but I don't want my children to feel that my house is my priority.My mom had a tough life and a not so great marriage.Sometimes, I think she used her cleaning as a means to escape.

I dressed the kids and took them outside. The girls were covered in dirt when we came back inside. I still had piles of laundry and the paperwork wasn't going to get filed but we had a great day.

I don't have a dirty house by any means but it isn't no where near spotless either. I think making your family happy and enjoying your children is Godlier than cleaning and I'm pretty sure my children would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment