Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spending Money Saving Money

Sometimes I am sure that I am spending more money by trying to save money. I hate paying full price for anything now days and it is even harder to pass up a good deal. I set a $75.00 a week grocery budget for my family several months ago. We were doing great until I started to lose steam. It is tough work following the sales ads, clipping coupons and reading money saving blogs. I have been busting our budget for the past two months now.

We made a trip to our local Big Lots this morning. It is relocating. Everything in the store was thirty percent off and I had a coupon for an additional twenty percent off of that. Can you picture me sprinting to the van this morning, three babies in tow?

I slowly browsed every aisle. I only purchased things we will need in the next few weeks. I resisted the urge to stockpile for the next decade. I also picked up a Christmas gift for mom and for the baby. $37.00 well spent.

I decided that today I would clean out the fridge and reorganize the pantry. I have had enough wasting food and wasting money. The holidays are coming up and money is tight. Time to get back on the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment