Thursday, October 25, 2012

Surviving The Holidays Living Paycheck To Paycheck

My family is going through some rough times. I am sad to admit that we are living paycheck to paycheck after so many years of working, planning and saving. We had to take the computer in to get fixed after it crashed last week. I wasn't able to work on my Squidoo or anything else for nearly a week. The icing on the cake was waking up to a fridge full of spoiled food and receiving a $700.00 medical bill in the mail that our insurance doesn't intend to pay.

We have drained our savings account and my husband had to get on the overtime list. I called my mother in desperation.

She was quick to remind me of my blessings "These are hard times, nothing more. Pick your head up and look around. You have three healthy children, snuggled in warm beds in your dream home". She is right!! Many people will be in much worse situations this holiday season.

Here is what I am doing to help our situation:
I am earning gift cards on Swagbucks to use for Christmas I also joined Jingit. It is a website that pays cash for watching videos and scanning products at the grocery store using your smart phone. I am selling most of my winter blouses to a local consignment store.

Squidoo continue to be my obsession! I am finally starting to see a few sells this month. My Minnie Mouse Children's Chairs website seems to be very popular so I plan to keep building more websites with Minnie Mouse. Who new the little mouse would give me so much hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment