Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Price of Chaos

I got up early and took out my box of coupons. I can't believe I haven't clipped and sorted coupons in over a month. I was doing so well. I was able to get our grocery budget down to $75.00 from $150.00 but I haven't been able to do that lately. I have coupons coming out of my ears. I have been shoving them into my purple coupon box. I would say that nearly 80 percent of my coupons were expired. I am so glad that I still have a friend stationed overseas. The military can use expired coupons up to six months in commissaries overseas.

I laid out my Albertson's flier and made a list of the sales that I could pair with coupons. It only took a few minutes to get into the swing of things. I was excited about all the money I was going to save. I'm not sure why but I decided to double check the date on the sales flier, only to realize that the sales were good until October 2nd. UMMMM what is today's date? GEEZ you have gotta be kidding me. Oh well! I took a stack of coupons and headed to  the grocery store, surely I could do some quick calculations in my head. NOPE! I blew my budget by $35.00. Time to get more organized and get back on track. This chaos is costing me money.

No comments:

Post a Comment