Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Body of a Stay at Home Mom

I took a little time for myself today. My husband agreed to watch the kiddos so I could go out and enjoy some fresh air. I told him I was going shopping! He didn't roll his eyes or immediately hide the credit cards. he knows I'm headed to the nearest thrift store in search of  a bargain.

I browesed the rack of jeans and blouses, piling clothes on my arm. I have no idea what size I wear. I haven't bought any clothes since I had my son.

I enter the dressing room and am immediately faced with a three way mirror. I take my clothes off.  I am shocked at the person staring back at me. I recognize the face. My face still looks like a young, bright eyed mom but it is my body that surprises me.

I can clearly see the light stretch marks racing from my hips down my butt. I have a little pootch that sags just over my underware. My breast are large and not so perky.

I didn't get depressed or quickly put my clothes back on. I felt empowered. I was in really good shape when I was in the Army but now I feel like a woman.

My breast are not just for show. I nouished three babies. I am my son's life line. The stretch marks are my battle wounds from the weight of twins and a nine pound baby growing in my belly. I am even okay with my flat butt and my wide hips. I am strong! I am a momma! I walked out of the dressing room with a black sweater and kaki pants but I had such a huge aahaa moment.

I probably could have walked out naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment