Monday, October 1, 2012

Success As A Stay at Home Mom

Today is  day six of my 30 day goal to a more efficient house hold. My husband is on shift and grandma has gone home. I am here alone with the twins and the baby. I'm tired, I have a sink full of dirty dishes and the girls are whining for my attention. I can't help but wonder what makes a successful stay at home mom? Did my children laugh more today than they cried? Did I teach them something? Did I say please and thank you when I spoke to them or did I simply nag them to say it? Did I roll my eyes when the baby cried? It was easy to measure my success as a Soldier. It is much more difficult to know if I am doing a good job as a wife and mother.

It is so easy to take a day for granted but days turn to weeks and weeks to months. My tiny NICU babies are walking, talking opinionated toddlers and my dream of a baby is a the chunky little man sitting on my living room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment